Export Contributions info *without* posting

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LCCF Treasuer

Export Contributions info *without* posting

Post by LCCF Treasuer »

We would like to have a setup whereby Contributions are entered into the PCPLUS computer at church by the ushers that count the offering. Then, as Treasurer, I would later remote in to that computer and pull the unposted contributions into a file (csv?), and import them into PCPLUS on my home computer, which is the main Accounting computer. Yes, I know that we can POST contributions to a file, which creates Fund Accounting transaction(s), but we would like to export/import the Contribution data itself. Bottom line, we would like to be able to have the Contribution data on both machines, with the live Accounting info on just the one machine. Has anyone else run into this?

NeilZ

Re: Export Contributions info *without* posting

Post by NeilZ »

LCCF Treasuer wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:45 pm
We would like to have a setup whereby Contributions are entered into the PCPLUS computer at church by the ushers that count the offering. Then, as Treasurer, I would later remote in to that computer and pull the unposted contributions into a file (csv?), and import them into PCPLUS on my home computer, which is the main Accounting computer. Yes, I know that we can POST contributions to a file, which creates Fund Accounting transaction(s), but we would like to export/import the Contribution data itself. Bottom line, we would like to be able to have the Contribution data on both machines, with the live Accounting info on just the one machine. Has anyone else run into this?
Its been done before. What you do is BACKUP the contributions data using the PCPlus backup utility, and then restore that file to your computer. As long as the backup always goes one way, you shouldn't have an issue.

This involves selecting the Contributions, Mailing List, and Profiles backup from the backup selection list. Once you restore that backup, you do the POST Contributions to Accounting.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.