Contribution statement using old version of family name

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dalzellumc

Contribution statement using old version of family name

Post by dalzellumc »

In printing my annual contribution statements, I have found that for the members whose spouses have died (this year or previous years), and I've changed their names in the membership module to only include the surviving spouse, the contribution statement is still pulling the old name with the deceased spouse. For example, Joe and Jane Smith were originally set up as a family. When Jane passed away, she is shown as deceased, but the family name was changed to Joe Smith. The contribution statement still pulls "Joe and Jane Smith". I have looked closely at the membership data and don't see where this is still showing both names. Any advice in correcting this is appreciated!

NeilZ

Re: Contribution statement using old version of family name

Post by NeilZ »

dalzellumc wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:35 pm
In printing my annual contribution statements, I have found that for the members whose spouses have died (this year or previous years), and I've changed their names in the membership module to only include the surviving spouse, the contribution statement is still pulling the old name with the deceased spouse. For example, Joe and Jane Smith were originally set up as a family. When Jane passed away, she is shown as deceased, but the family name was changed to Joe Smith. The contribution statement still pulls "Joe and Jane Smith". I have looked closely at the membership data and don't see where this is still showing both names. Any advice in correcting this is appreciated!
You need to REMOVE the envelope number from the deceased member's personal profile. Just click in the envelope number block, it should turn blue, then enter a zero.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dalzellumc

Re: Contribution statement using old version of family name

Post by dalzellumc »

Thank you so much!