Setting Up Contributions....without physical envelopes

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

auntpenn

Setting Up Contributions....without physical envelopes

Post by auntpenn »

We are a new church plant that is now large enough to use official "church software". So, in setting up my contributions, I realize our congregation
does not use any envelopes! So, I'm stumped. (I wasn't a part of the decision for PowerChurch). I'm just wondering if anyone can see ahead or know of any problems I'm going to run into if I just start adding offering numbers to our contributors? I'm just not sure how to begin!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I've only been a part of churches with envelopes in the past and established church software!

NeilZ

Re: Setting Up Contributions....without physical envelopes

Post by NeilZ »

auntpenn wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:01 pm
We are a new church plant that is now large enough to use official "church software". So, in setting up my contributions, I realize our congregation
does not use any envelopes! So, I'm stumped. (I wasn't a part of the decision for PowerChurch). I'm just wondering if anyone can see ahead or know of any problems I'm going to run into if I just start adding offering numbers to our contributors? I'm just not sure how to begin!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I've only been a part of churches with envelopes in the past and established church software!
There is no problem not using physical envelopes with Powerchurch. However, you need to issue an envelope number to 'connect' the contributions to the donors.

This post I wrote in another thread gives you an idea of what I use when setting up an envelope scheme for a new Powerchurch setup.
viewtopic.php?p=50820#p50820

As far as beginning, just start adding the numbers in alphabetical order, however, I would make sure that you use the number range set aside for members FOR members only, and anyone else use the visitor range.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

auntpenn

Re: Setting Up Contributions....without physical envelopes

Post by auntpenn »

Thank you for your help! This makes sense and will totally help in setting up!