PCv14 Import contributions file from V12

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sgbani

PCv14 Import contributions file from V12

Post by sgbani »

Okay, so we may have done the upgrade to v14 in not the best way. Our current setup is that contributions are entered and posted, and then update accounting fund via the TXT file. this allowed us to keep separate installations between the accounting side and contributions side.

However, upon upgrading to v14, I noticed one cannot import the posted contribution files that were generated in v12.

I checked the contents / format of both TXT files generated by posting contributions from v12 and v14, but I cannot see any differences.

Any thoughts on this?

NeilZ

Re: PCv14 Import contributions file from V12

Post by NeilZ »

sgbani wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:59 pm
Okay, so we may have done the upgrade to v14 in not the best way. Our current setup is that contributions are entered and posted, and then update accounting fund via the TXT file. this allowed us to keep separate installations between the accounting side and contributions side.

However, upon upgrading to v14, I noticed one cannot import the posted contribution files that were generated in v12.

I checked the contents / format of both TXT files generated by posting contributions from v12 and v14, but I cannot see any differences.

Any thoughts on this?
I'd upgrade the v12 to v14 of Powerchurch, as the license is for the site, not per installation.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sgbani

Post by sgbani »

All installations were upgraded to v14 at the same time, but I had forgotten that the posting of contributions were done and exported to the TXT file prior to the upgrade.
However, I have since attempted to do the same type of contribution file transfer between pure v14 installs, and the same error exists. Even with the PC14 demo as well as v14 installed on a machine without any prior instances (all with the latest MR). Posting the contributions to a TXT and attempting to import as accounting transactions throws an error.
I've submitted a support request to have the issue reviewed to see if it is something else that is causing the issue.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sgbani wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:51 pm
All installations were upgraded to v14 at the same time, but I had forgotten that the posting of contributions were done and exported to the TXT file prior to the upgrade.
However, I have since attempted to do the same type of contribution file transfer between pure v14 installs, and the same error exists. Even with the PC14 demo as well as v14 installed on a machine without any prior instances (all with the latest MR). Posting the contributions to a TXT and attempting to import as accounting transactions throws an error.
I've submitted a support request to have the issue reviewed to see if it is something else that is causing the issue.
This sounds like there may be a bug. I take it that the two computers are physically separate and not networked.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sgbani

Post by sgbani »

Yes, the systems are non-networked and physically separated.

PC support team confirmed this morning they were able to replicate the issue and will likely be addressed in a future MR.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sgbani wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:29 am
Yes, the systems are non-networked and physically separated.

PC support team confirmed this morning they were able to replicate the issue and will likely be addressed in a future MR.
Excellent ...
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.