Contribution designations

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CranfordUMC

Contribution designations

Post by CranfordUMC »

I am running PC 12.2 online and have been a PC user for 15+ years.

This is basically a heads-up posting so people know what to do if they run into this issue.

Today I added a new contribution designation however it did not show up in the dropdown when entering a contribution.
I tried with both the Check Reader opton and the Enter Contributions options with no luck. My old designation were there.
The new desination was created as Active and the Contribution fund type was ALL. It does show up on the scrolling list on the right.
I made sure the Contribution Fund I was using allowed designations with a Contribution fund type of <None>

As a last resort, I exited PC and loged back in ------ now it shows up.
I didn't try to re-index the database, that may have solved the problem, don't know.
Steve Heller
Treasurer
Cranford United Methodist Church

NeilZ

Re: Contribution designations

Post by NeilZ »

CranfordUMC wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:20 pm
I am running PC 12.2 online and have been a PC user for 15+ years.

This is basically a heads-up posting so people know what to do if they run into this issue.

Today I added a new contribution designation however it did not show up in the dropdown when entering a contribution.
I tried with both the Check Reader opton and the Enter Contributions options with no luck. My old designation were there.
The new desination was created as Active and the Contribution fund type was ALL. It does show up on the scrolling list on the right.
I made sure the Contribution Fund I was using allowed designations with a Contribution fund type of <None>

As a last resort, I exited PC and loged back in ------ now it shows up.
I didn't try to re-index the database, that may have solved the problem, don't know.
Yeah ... a reindex may have solved the issue, as the system then reads the new indexes when it does the pulldown menus. FWIW ... I advise people to reindex every 2 or 3 months to keep them refreshed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.