2003 Income Tax receipt problem. Is this a software issue?

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Shirley Stapleton

2003 Income Tax receipt problem. Is this a software issue?

Post by Shirley Stapleton »

In printing the 2003 individual income tax receipts, using the Summary option, one of our contributor's statement had no amount showing. The Condensed Statement for Office Use Report showed the correct contribution amount. I was able to print the individual statement using the Daily Amounts option or the Total Only option, but no matter what I did the Summary option continued to produce a statement with no dollar amount.
Can you tell me what would cause this discrepancy between these reporting options and if I need to compare the Office Report with the individual statements to ensure accuracy.
Thanks Shirley

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

That's really weird. It's not a problem that's been reported. You may have duplicate data files (data in the root), or perhaps the report itself has been corrupted. You can try to reinstall from the CD. Just install it over the top of the existing installation-no need to uninstall. That will replace the report file, but you'll want to make sure to run the maintenance release again after that. Reinstallation doesn't affect your data files, but it's always a good idea to make a backup before doing anything like this.

If the problem persists, give us a call.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/