Importing Vanco Files

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Alaraujo

Importing Vanco Files

Post by Alaraujo »

I've had two occasions where after I downloaded Vanco files, I discovered that the donations were going to the wrong fund.
PowerChurch tech support helped me to correct them in both occasions.

Occasion 1-Someone made a change to my funds designation - I (the administrator) was thought to have made that change. Not likely. No other explanation given.

Occasion 2 - A donor was in the process of making a donation and before they finalized it, they changed their initial fund to another fund. And supposedly, that changed the fund numbers for everybody else that gave after that. I was not able to get an answer as to whose problem that is: Vanco or PowerChurch.
In the process, the tech brought up a screen that showed the batch of contributors during that period that indicated who made that change.

My questions: 1) If a donor is able to make those fund changes, who's fault is that?
2) How do I get to that screen that shows the donations where a change was made?

NeilZ

Re: Importing Vanco Files

Post by NeilZ »

Alaraujo wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:07 pm
I've had two occasions where after I downloaded Vanco files, I discovered that the donations were going to the wrong fund.
PowerChurch tech support helped me to correct them in both occasions.

Occasion 1-Someone made a change to my funds designation - I (the administrator) was thought to have made that change. Not likely. No other explanation given.

Occasion 2 - A donor was in the process of making a donation and before they finalized it, they changed their initial fund to another fund. And supposedly, that changed the fund numbers for everybody else that gave after that. I was not able to get an answer as to whose problem that is: Vanco or PowerChurch.
In the process, the tech brought up a screen that showed the batch of contributors during that period that indicated who made that change.

My questions: 1) If a donor is able to make those fund changes, who's fault is that?
2) How do I get to that screen that shows the donations where a change was made?
FWIW ... I don't believe Powerchurch changes anything, if there's a change its on the Vanco side. I would check with Vanco to see what type of settings need to be changed to prevent that from happening.

What version of Powerchurch are you using?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Alaraujo

Post by Alaraujo »

And that's what I was afraid you were going to say. Because Vanco said it was not their problem.
I am running Powerchurch Online. :(

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Alaraujo wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:54 pm
And that's what I was afraid you were going to say. Because Vanco said it was not their problem.
I am running Powerchurch Online. :(
Well ... I'd call the Powerchurch assistance line and get with the techs again.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.