Not a Detail account error

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LoriHCC

Not a Detail account error

Post by LoriHCC »

I tried importing contributions from a file. I have coded somethings wrong I guess. 19 Errors "...is not a Detail account". Help please!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Not a Detail account error

Post by Zorak »

Take a look on the Maintain List of Contribution Funds screen found under Contributions > Setup. On the Accounting tab is where the Debit (bank) and Credit (income) accounts are assigned to each fund. I believe that message is saying you have group accounts assigned in one or more of the Contribution Funds. They need to be detail accounts to be able to be used in transactions.

LoriHCC

Post by LoriHCC »

How do I go back and change those contributions so they use a Detail account? The Fund Accounting Posting Report shows the the correct debits but I had the credits not in the COA correctly. I believe I have corrected that but now how to change the contribution income..... :wall:

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Once the Contributions have been posted, there isn't a way to go back and post them again. Transactions that were created in Fund Accounting, but not able to be posted can be found under Accounting > Fund Accounting > Modify Unposted Transactions. You should be able to find the transactions there and change the problem account numbers. Doing so will let the Fund Accounting transactions be posted.