Contributions showing in fund summary but not in annual giving statement

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Pastor Mikesell

Contributions showing in fund summary but not in annual giving statement

Post by Pastor Mikesell »

We have entered contributions that show up in the individual's "Contributions Summary by Fund", but they do not show in the individuals annual giving statement. The dates in question are from mid-September, to mid-October.

This is also around the time that we switched from version 12 to version 14.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you

sgbani

Re: Contributions showing in fund summary but not in annual giving statement

Post by sgbani »

Has this person giving to the same contribution fund outside of the Sept-Oct range, and those contributions show on the annual statement?
Or, is it a fund not normally contributed to by this donor?

My first suggestion is to review the contribution fund details in contributions -> setup -> 'maintain list of contribution funds'

Find the fund and see if 'include fund on statement' is checked or not. Additionally, see if it is set to a different contribution fund type (dropdown).

I sometimes will assign a contribution fund as 'non-deductible', and exclude it when running certain reports or when running annual statements.

Additionally, I assign non-deductible or funds that should not show on statements in a fund range that is higher than everything else. That way, when I run the annual giving statement, I simply choose a fund range of all funds that are below that range.

So, there are a number of ways a particular contribution fund can be omitted from the individual annual giving statement.

Again, first thoughts.

NeilZ

Re: Contributions showing in fund summary but not in annual giving statement

Post by NeilZ »

Pastor Mikesell wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:04 pm
We have entered contributions that show up in the individual's "Contributions Summary by Fund", but they do not show in the individuals annual giving statement. The dates in question are from mid-September, to mid-October.

This is also around the time that we switched from version 12 to version 14.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you
There are a LOT of good places to look as sgbani stated. From what you are saying, I also agree that these may be funds where the "Include Fund on Statement" is not checked. There may be a reason for that, these funds are not tax-deductible for some reason. Frankly, the upgrade from 12 to 14 should not have done anything with the fund setup as 12 has the same option.

What I would do is open up v12 and see if these funds were setup with the "include Fund' box unchecked. Let us know what you find.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.