Contribs only posting IN ERROR can be fixed?

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LMac

Contribs only posting IN ERROR can be fixed?

Post by LMac »

Hi, just noticed that the entire 2 weeks of Christmas donations batches was not waiting for me in the Fund Accounting "unposted" queue - so I found that the Contribs posting report indicates that the data entry person selected the "post to Contributions ONLY" option (rather than the usual and much needed Post to Fund Accounting option) - yikes! so none of these are available in my unposted batches as they should be - oh dear! is there a way to re-post them? or "push" them somehow? from the Contribs module to the Fund Accounting module
I can manually create the Journal Entries in the G/L but would rather try and post/feed them from Contribs module properly if possible - Murphy's Law this happens only at year end :shock: any advice? thanks so much! Laura

Zasalamel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Contribs only posting IN ERROR can be fixed?

Post by Zasalamel »

Unfortunately manually entering them into the GL is the best way to deal with this. I recommend pulling up your Contributions Posting Report to get the totals for each Contribution Fund included in that particular posting batch, and then on a Fund Accounting Transaction, credit the income account for each of the Contribution Funds for those totals, and Debit the checking account for the overall total. This will create the exact transaction that posting to Fund Accounting would have made. You can even change the Journal code to CO and the Reference to CONTRIB. for an even closer match

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

In addition ... I would have some remedial training with the 'data entry' person. FWIW ... I usually recommend that the only person who should have post contributions permission is the person who gets the deposit verification receipt from the bank. This way you can be assured that what went to the bank was processed, and that there wasn't an error in data entry.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

LMac

Post by LMac »

Thanks all for your replies, I have converted the posting reports to excel to facilitate a quick tally/summary by account for my Journal Entries - fyi.. the Envelope Secretary who does the input into contributions has a procedure requiring him to not post until it exactly matches the bank deposit slip, and then when I get it on the G/L-side as unposted I also confirm it matches the deposit before posting it on my side and I also add the unique deposit slip number to the ref field: ie: CONTRIB #19999 - He has never chosen the wrong posting option before and his work is flawless! - so I'll just give him a friendly reminder :)