Error in Entering and Posting Contributions - Year

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sonyatch

Error in Entering and Posting Contributions - Year

Post by sonyatch »

I made that error of typing 2022 instead of 2023 and my contributions for this past week posted to individual contribution records as a 2022 contribution. I have not posted it in accounting so that will be an easy fix. But is there an easy fix to the individual contribution reports? Or do I have to back them all out and post that transaction and then re-enter them correctly?

Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Error in Entering and Posting Contributions - Year

Post by NeilZ »

sonyatch wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:53 pm
I made that error of typing 2022 instead of 2023 and my contributions for this past week posted to individual contribution records as a 2022 contribution. I have not posted it in accounting so that will be an easy fix. But is there an easy fix to the individual contribution reports? Or do I have to back them all out and post that transaction and then re-enter them correctly?

Thanks!
You have to do the reversal, and then post the contributions. I'd just post the reversals to Contributions so that the transactions are not sent over to Fund Accounting. Then reenter the Contributions for the correct year.

Before you start anything, do a backup of Contributions using the Powerchurch Backup system, select Contributions from the list. You do not need to do any other area.

Based on what you wrote, there is a contributions deposit transaction sitting in the Unposted Transactions Queue in Funds Accounting? I'd delete that before you reenter the data with the correct year.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.