Number of checks deposited, data even recorded?

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sgbani

Number of checks deposited, data even recorded?

Post by sgbani »

I am not sure if this belongs in custom reports, or contributions, but since a report does exist in the contribution module that indicates the number of checks deposited, I am curious to know if this data still exists after contribution data posts. So, that this why I put it in this forum section.

Has anyone ever asked about this, or even desired to know this information? (perhaps I'm an outlier here)

Meaning, is it possible the contributions module has kept the data for the number of check items for each contribution date / deposit date?
Or, is that information only stored temporarily for unposted contributions, and once it posts, it is simply no longer relevant?
If the data exists somewhere, then I presume I can create a custom report, so my primary question is not about creating the custom report itself, but whether the data exists in the contribution module after posting.

Thank you

NeilZ

Re: Number of checks deposited, data even recorded?

Post by NeilZ »

sgbani wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:58 pm
I am not sure if this belongs in custom reports, or contributions, but since a report does exist in the contribution module that indicates the number of checks deposited, I am curious to know if this data still exists after contribution data posts. So, that this why I put it in this forum section.

Has anyone ever asked about this, or even desired to know this information? (perhaps I'm an outlier here)

Meaning, is it possible the contributions module has kept the data for the number of check items for each contribution date / deposit date?
Or, is that information only stored temporarily for unposted contributions, and once it posts, it is simply no longer relevant?
If the data exists somewhere, then I presume I can create a custom report, so my primary question is not about creating the custom report itself, but whether the data exists in the contribution module after posting.

Thank you
Frankly, you're the first person who's ever asked about retaining that data. I really don't think its retained once its posted other than on each person's contribution record. Its only really used for the count on the Bank Deposit Slip, and for display on the Contribution Statement.

You'd have to setup the custom report to go through each of the contributions and count the number of 'contribution type = check' entries found. It may actually be faster if you have a copy of the weekly deposit slip to just use that and add up the number of checks listed on the slip!!

May I ask what you need it for?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.