Receipt for donations given from other charities-Canada

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PattiD

Receipt for donations given from other charities-Canada

Post by PattiD »

I do books for a parachurch ministry. We receive donations from various churches and ministries. Up to this point of time, I have been entering their donations in the contribution module and printing off a regular contribution statement such as what is done for individuals. However, this really is not the thing to do as this contribution statement is really for income tax purposes which as a charitable organization, they would not be able to do. Is there some other kind of receipt that can be used in this situation that I am not seeing? Thank you for your help.

NeilZ

Re: Receipt for donations given from other charities-Canada

Post by NeilZ »

PattiD wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:01 am
I do books for a parachurch ministry. We receive donations from various churches and ministries. Up to this point of time, I have been entering their donations in the contribution module and printing off a regular contribution statement such as what is done for individuals. However, this really is not the thing to do as this contribution statement is really for income tax purposes which as a charitable organization, they would not be able to do. Is there some other kind of receipt that can be used in this situation that I am not seeing? Thank you for your help.
Powerchurch V12 & V14 gives you the option of changing the name of the statement from 'contributions Statement' to anything you really want to call it. It also asks you if you want to print Tax Receipts, or just the statement. This gives you the capability to create a 'Donation Receipt' for those charities, and a Tax Receipt for individuals.

You would have to makes sure that the charities have a "Personal Status" code that you would create of 'Charity' and the other donors have one of 'Personal Donor". This way you can setup the Title for Charities (IE: Donation Receipts) and run those statements without the tax receipt for that Personal Status, then go back, change the Title (IE: Contributions Statement or Contributions Tax Receipt) with tax receipts turned on for the individual donors.

Does that help ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

PattiD

Post by PattiD »

We are working with 11.55 for both ministries I do books for, not the later versions. Any suggestions for 11.55? Thank you for your help, Patti

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

PattiD wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:08 pm
We are working with 11.55 for both ministries I do books for, not the later versions. Any suggestions for 11.55? Thank you for your help, Patti
Sorry ... v11.55 is no longer being supported with updates, I do suggest that you suggest they upgrade. It would save you a lot of time and workarounds.

That said, you may be able to 'fool' the system, by creating separate personal statuses as suggested, but then switching the system from Canada to US, process the organization statements, then switch back and do the individual.

I have not tried this, and am not sure if this would cause issues with the individual receipt serial numbers, but its a way to do it without upgrading.

Still, since 11.55 is no longer being maintained it would be a good idea to upgrade to v14.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

PattiD

Post by PattiD »

Thank you! That is definitely something that we will need to look at. It's probably better to do that than try and get creative - sounds tricky to me! :) Thank you for your help, Patti