Adding Envelope Numbers

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RISAAC

Adding Envelope Numbers

Post by RISAAC »

Hello,
How do I go back to a member and add an envelop number? Every list I go to, to pull up an individual, I do not see the option for envelop number once they are created.
Thanks,

NeilZ

Re: Adding Envelope Numbers

Post by NeilZ »

RISAAC wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:04 pm
Hello,
How do I go back to a member and add an envelop number? Every list I go to, to pull up an individual, I do not see the option for envelop number once they are created.
Thanks,
Its always better to add a new topic, rather than tag on to an existing one, especially when your question has nothing to do with the original post, and the topic is over 12 years old.

When you pull up an individual what profile are you looking at, as the personal profile has a place for the number right there, with a button to add the next available number.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RISAAC

Post by RISAAC »

Code: Select all

[code]
[/code]
NeilZ wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:34 pm
RISAAC wrote:
Hello,
Thanks,
Its always better to add a new topic, rather than tag on to an existing one, especially when your question has nothing to do with the original post, and the topic is over 12 years old.

When you pull up an individual what profile are you looking at, as the personal profile has a place for the number right there, with a button to add the next available number.
Sorry, I'm new to posting to boards. I will create new topics if it's old.
Technical support helped me out.
In case someone else wants to know, the member was not listed on the family profile.

Thank you

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

RISAAC wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:17 pm

Code: Select all

[code]
[/code]
NeilZ wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:34 pm
RISAAC wrote:
Hello,
Thanks,

Sorry, I'm new to posting to boards. I will create new topics if it's old.
Technical support helped me out.
In case someone else wants to know, the member was not listed on the family profile.

Thank you
To explain for anyone else reading this: the member had a separate Mailing List Profile and was not attached to the rest of the family's Mailing List Profile.

When that happens you cannot attach the family's envelope to that person.

Example:

John Smith and family have a Family Mailing List Profile, under that profile are the family's personal profiles, which has John, wife Sarah, and daughter Joan.

John's son, Adam has come back to town and is now attending the church, however, someone entered Adam without realizing that he should fall under John's Family Mailing List profile. So when Adam was added, he got his own Family Mailing List profile and Personal Profile.

Evidently Adam was not assigned an envelope number, and John wanted him listed under him. Under this scenario, the system will not allow John's number to be entered on Adam's personal profile as Adam is not listed as part of the 'Family'.

To fix this, you would move Adam's personal profile under John's using the MOVE function of the Personal Profile by opening Adam's personal profile and clicking on the MOVE button at the top. A new window will open and you would then select "Move to an existing family". The window then changes to a list of Family Mailing List Profiles. You'd select John Smith's Mailing List profile, and then click on the OK button. You'd be asked "Are you sure" .. double check, then click on YES. You will then get another pop-up asking if you want to delete the family information. You want to do this to remove Adam's old Family Mailing List profile from the system.

You can then head to Adam's personal profile, and enter the envelope number that is used by the rest of the family.

Adamo
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.