Email Contribution Reports

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CCDartmouth

Email Contribution Reports

Post by CCDartmouth »

I sent out the Annual Contribution Statements and received a report saying all the email statements were sent and those without email were printed. The Printed copies were fine but no one received an email copy. I did a test email to my own address and sure enough nothing came in but PC report shows successfully sent to server. Help!

NeilZ

Re: Email Contribution Reports

Post by NeilZ »

CCDartmouth wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:47 pm
I sent out the Annual Contribution Statements and received a report saying all the email statements were sent and those without email were printed. The Printed copies were fine but no one received an email copy. I did a test email to my own address and sure enough nothing came in but PC report shows successfully sent to server. Help!
OK ... what are you using for a email server? Do you have any of the Advanced sending options set on the EMAIL SETUP tab of the System Setup? What happens when you click on the TEST button there?

These will help with the advice.

Finally, are you using Powerchurch desktop, or online as that also makes a difference. If you're using online, you can call for assistance.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

office@stjohnleamington.org

Post by office@stjohnleamington.org »

I am having the same issue
using Outlook
I click on test and receive an error message saying problem with SMPT server - Error with socket connection: connection rejected.
And I am using Powerchuch desktop 14

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

office@stjohnleamington.org wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:27 am
I am having the same issue
using Outlook
I click on test and receive an error message saying problem with SMPT server - Error with socket connection: connection rejected.
And I am using Powerchuch desktop 14
Are you including the proper port setting for the server? IE: smtp.office365.com:587 which is the setting for Outlook and office 365, and TLS selected for security.

If you're not using Office 365, please show us what the SMTP server is set for in Outlook.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

office@stjohnleamington.org

Post by office@stjohnleamington.org »

Can I email my settings? images are just saved on my computer

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

office@stjohnleamington.org wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:41 pm
Can I email my settings? images are just saved on my computer
Please just type them in ... no images can be saved here, and we don't post email addresses for privacy reasons.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

I am having the same problem with emailing contribution statements. Microsoft has changed the email log in and they now require 2 factor authentication. It doesn't appear that PC is set up to satisfy this. I'm using the online version.

I get the same error as stated in previous comments. I am using smpt.office365.com and port 587. This worked a few months ago until Microsoft made the change on 2 factor authentication.

Please advise.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:02 pm
I am having the same problem with emailing contribution statements. Microsoft has changed the email log in and they now require 2 factor authentication. It doesn't appear that PC is set up to satisfy this. I'm using the online version.

I get the same error as stated in previous comments. I am using smpt.office365.com and port 587. This worked a few months ago until Microsoft made the change on 2 factor authentication.

Please advise.
If you're using Powerchurch Online, I'd call them direct using the PCPlus online phone number. That said, from what I understand you may be getting a notice that an admin must approve the app, or you need to check that SMTP Auth has not been disabled by Microsoft. Since this is a business account (I'm assuming) the most likely issue is that the SMTP Auth has been turned off by Microsoft. Again, this is Microsoft trying to 'help you' and messing things up as normal. You may need to have your Microsoft account Admin check this to make sure that SMTP Auth is turned back on.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

uucekevin

Post by uucekevin »

We've run into this problem now too after enabling Security Defaults as required by Microsoft.

We'll have to ask PowerChurch to enable compliance with MFA (most providers are now or will very soon require it).

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

uucekevin wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:06 pm
We've run into this problem now too after enabling Security Defaults as required by Microsoft.

We'll have to ask PowerChurch to enable compliance with MFA (most providers are now or will very soon require it).
What are you using for an email account? Are you using standard PCPlus or PCPlus Online??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tammy/newlife

Post by Tammy/newlife »

has anyone found a solution with the outlook problem? I've noticed these post end in Oct of 2023. I am an admin for our outlook and I did go in to enable as mentioned by the last guy. I agree it could be that multi layer authentication. Did anyone get past this or figure out how to fix it. We are going to have to send out paper reports which we did not want to have to do if we don't get this resolved by the 31st and we will now be late getting them out. :wall:

Tammy/newlife

Post by Tammy/newlife »

uucekevin, did you get anywhere?

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

No I have not found a solution using outlook. I changed and I’m using Gmail account directly which seems to work ok.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Tammy/newlife wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:31 am
uucekevin, did you get anywhere?
Have you followed all the steps in the email setup??

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/434 ... owerchurch

You didn't say what you are using, regular Powerchurch, or Powerchurch Online.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

To allow programs like PowerChurch to send emails via a Microsoft 365 hosted email address, there is a setting on the email account to allow SMTP AUTH. Below is a link to an article on the Microsoft website explaining how to enable this on a per-account basis:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/excha ... -mailboxes

That link points to the specific topic you need: "Use the Microsoft 365 admin center to enable or disable SMTP AUTH on specific mailboxes"