Online Giving - using CloverGive

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pessner

Online Giving - using CloverGive

Post by pessner »

Does anyone other than us use the CloverGive platform for online giving?
I am having difficulty matching deposits with posting dates in PowerChurch reconciling the bank statement.

I'm interested in contacting someone who is using CloverGive to see how you handle this. I need help!

Please contact me via email, indicating the name of your church.

Thanks so much.

Pat Essner
Kilpatrick Church
Woodland MI

pessner@gmail.com

NeilZ

Re: Online Giving - using CloverGive

Post by NeilZ »

pessner wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:17 pm
Does anyone other than us use the CloverGive platform for online giving?
I am having difficulty matching deposits with posting dates in PowerChurch reconciling the bank statement.

I'm interested in contacting someone who is using CloverGive to see how you handle this. I need help!

Please contact me via email, indicating the name of your church.

Thanks so much.

Pat Essner
Kilpatrick Church
Woodland MI

pessner@gmail.com
What appears to be the problem? The dates as entered in Powerchurch, or the dates in the bank account? Frankly, the dates entered in Powerchurch should be whatever the online vendor is sending you, as long as the amounts match the bank statement, a day or two off is not a problem.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pessner

Re: Online Giving - using CloverGive

Post by pessner »

Thanks for the reply to my question Neil. I neglected to to check back until now.

The issue: The majority of CloverGive's deposits include multiple dates of contributions. PowerChurch is posted by individual dates of contributions. Thus, deposits received rarely match the posting dates in PowerChurch. I needed a solution to this problem that I wasn't able to see.

I set up a "Contributions in Transit" cash account to hold CloverGive's postings processed through PowerChurch Contributions. Once the deposits from CloverGive hits our bank an entry is made to transfer the deposit amount from Contributions in Transit to the cash account. In theory it should work ok.

I have started the process this month.