Contributions Question

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Patricia

Contributions Question

Post by Patricia »

A members contribution was put in the wrong fund, how can I correct that?

sgbani

Re: Contributions Question

Post by sgbani »

Patricia wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:14 am
Has the contribution already be posted to fund accounting, or still unposted in the contributions module?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sgbani wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:30 am
Patricia wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:14 am
Has the contribution already be posted to fund accounting, or still unposted in the contributions module?
If the Contribution is unposted go into Contributions -> Modify Unposted Contributions and correct the fund there.

If the Contribution is posted, just go into Contributions -> View Posted Contributions, look up the Contributor, select the contribution in the list, and click on the Reverse/Correct button (In v11.5 is just says Reverse).

If you have v11.5 reverse the entry and save. Then add a new contribution for the correct fund using the same amount and DATE of the original and save.

If you're using v12 and higher, you'll get a Enter Correction pop up window. Select the Reverse/Correct button, and change the Fund number on the window listing the contribution's entries, and then save.

For all editions, Post Contributions to Fund Accounting to update the accounting module.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Sorry to say, it has already been posted.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Okay, did all that. But the wrong fund still has the amount of the wrong transaction in it. Do I need to transfer it back to the correct fund?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:02 pm
Okay, did all that. But the wrong fund still has the amount of the wrong transaction in it. Do I need to transfer it back to the correct fund?
If you followed the directions, did the reversal properly, and posted contributions to Funds Accounting correctly, then the next step would be for the bookkeeper or treasurer to Post Transactions in Fund Accounting. If you haven't done that, nothing has been updated in Funds Accounting.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Okay, I hadn't posted in fund accounting. That done, everything is good. Thank you so much!!