Contributions - merging two envelope numbers

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Kaym

Contributions - merging two envelope numbers

Post by Kaym »

Two of our members got married last year. They each have different envelope numbers. At year-end, I simply printed individual statements. This year, however, they are contributing to just one of the envelope numbers. I would like to delete the other number, but how can I transfer the giving history to the other envelope number. In other words, I want the giving history from both numbers combined under one envelope number.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Assuming they are both in the same household now, the process is simply, go to Contributions -> Reassign Envelope Number and make one person's envelope the same as the other's. That'll transfer everything like you want.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

ghaislett

Post by ghaislett »

I also have a couple who were married this year and need to merge their envelope numbers. I tried reassigning the envelope numbers and it won't let me. It gives the message "This envelope number is in use by another family". Help...

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

They both need to be members of the same family. So, you'll need to move one spouse's profile to the other spouse's family and adjust the last name, as necessary. Once they are in the same family, you should be able to merge the envelope numbers together.
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."