Contributions not downloading from Vanco

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gospeltab

Contributions not downloading from Vanco

Post by gospeltab »

We have been using vanco for years to import contributions and never had any issues...until now.

Today I noticed that 2 online donations deposited into our checking account. They did not, however, download in the contributions module. There is no record of them on the individual contribution statements or on the check register I printed in PowerChurch. I called Vanco and they show everything is correct on their end.

What do I need to do to fix this? How can I tell if there is a glitch in the system?

Thank you in advance for any help!

NeilZ

Re: Contributions not downloading from Vanco

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:50 pm
We have been using vanco for years to import contributions and never had any issues...until now.

Today I noticed that 2 online donations deposited into our checking account. They did not, however, download in the contributions module. There is no record of them on the individual contribution statements or on the check register I printed in PowerChurch. I called Vanco and they show everything is correct on their end.

What do I need to do to fix this? How can I tell if there is a glitch in the system?

Thank you in advance for any help!
Which version of Powerchurch are you using? Did Vanco say to try to download again?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gospeltab

Post by gospeltab »

We are running version 14.4. But, PowerChurch keeps telling me I have a new update. It looks like something is downloading, but there is never anything to install. I'm wondering if there is a glitch in the matrix somewhere!

I have tried to redownload - VANCO says everything on their end is good. It is a problem on our end.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:47 pm
We are running version 14.4. But, PowerChurch keeps telling me I have a new update. It looks like something is downloading, but there is never anything to install. I'm wondering if there is a glitch in the matrix somewhere!

I have tried to redownload - VANCO says everything on their end is good. It is a problem on our end.
As far as the MR, you'll have to download and install that manually as there is an issue with the downloads that can only be fixed by manually downloading and installing the MR.

Download from the Powerchurch main website: https://www.powerchurch.com/mr/ Make sure you select the Powerchurch Plus MR, and not the Check-In MR which has the same version number.

You'll have to log in to the main site to download. Download the file to the X:\\Powerchurch\PCPLUS14\ directory (where X is the drive you have PCPlus installed).

Start up Powerchurch and follow the normal MR prompts.

Not sure if this will help you with the Vanco issue but having the program on the most current release will give the techs a baseline they can work from if necessary.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gospeltab

Post by gospeltab »

Thank you for the help! I manually installed the update. I was able to download transactions from VANCO. I will need to run some reports to make sure everything is showing up, but it looks like getting the MR downloaded and installed fixed something!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:41 pm
Thank you for the help! I manually installed the update. I was able to download transactions from VANCO. I will need to run some reports to make sure everything is showing up, but it looks like getting the MR downloaded and installed fixed something!
Glad to hear !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gospeltab

Post by gospeltab »

The downloading is currently working, but the ones I missed during the glitch never did download. I am going to do manual entries for those!