Vanco Contributions

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

StPaulUCC2

Vanco Contributions

Post by StPaulUCC2 »

Recently had a new website designed and when contributors use the online giving button all the contributions are deposited into our general fund checking account. This is a problem because some contributions are for missions. When I enter the contributions in PowerChurch I enter them into the correct account and then transfer that amount from our general fund checking to the mission fund account on the bank website. Now I'm thinking that was the wrong thing to do and I have posted everything. Hoping to get the website set up correctly with the individual fund listed for contributions but not sure how soon that will happen. In the meantime, how should this be handled? Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Re: Vanco Contributions

Post by NeilZ »

StPaulUCC2 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:35 am
Recently had a new website designed and when contributors use the online giving button all the contributions are deposited into our general fund checking account. This is a problem because some contributions are for missions. When I enter the contributions in PowerChurch I enter them into the correct account and then transfer that amount from our general fund checking to the mission fund account on the bank website. Now I'm thinking that was the wrong thing to do and I have posted everything. Hoping to get the website set up correctly with the individual fund listed for contributions but not sure how soon that will happen. In the meantime, how should this be handled? Thanks for your help.
If you're manually entering the Contributions, and you have Contributions setup properly to reflect the correct bank account, then Powerchurch should be correct. Moving the money online between the accounts is also correct.

That said, when I had to maintain different Accounting Funds for mission, operations, and building, I had all the funds go into one checking account, and let Powerchurch maintain the separation between the funds. This eliminated having to move funds for whatever reason at the bank.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.