How Many Contribution Funds Do You Have?

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

1 to 5
5%
6 to 10
18%
11 to 20
9%
21 to 50
45%
over 51
23%

Total votes: 22

Ronz

Post by Ronz »

Power Church Contributions Module Users:

Our Contributions Secretary tells me she has 100 contribution funds because people donate to so many specific things. Sounds like a lot to me. I'd like to see how many other churches have, so here's a poll.

Thanks.
Last edited by Ronz on Thu May 06, 2004 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Zastovnik
Memorial United Methodist, Clovis, CA

Ronz

Post by Ronz »

Well, that is strange. This poll thing dropped the last option. I was able to edit it back in since there were not votes.
Ron Zastovnik
Memorial United Methodist, Clovis, CA

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

We have a few contribution funds too .. however, they are broken down into groups like deductable contributions (operating fund, building fund, special mission or denomination collections), and non-deductable (men's retreat, bible study materials, etc).

These are all linked to one bank account for a debit account, but are linked to different credit accounts.

For example, all the contributions to our operating fund, go in to credit account 01-4111, but the building fund goes to 02-4111. They all go into the bank account 01-1212.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Ron Ricklefs

Post by Ron Ricklefs »

With a membership of only 45, we presently have 17 different funds, which, of course include specific continuous fund raising programs.
Adding fund was more expedient than oening up an Accounts Recivable module.
Ron Ricklefs, Administrator

GHBC

Post by GHBC »

We have approximately 450 members, which means with over 50 committees, 3 major boards, and other ministries that the membership donate money to, therefore, they want to see how much money they have donated to a particular ministry at the end of the year.

Carrie Mahone
Software Consultant

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

We have over 75 funds and counting (pun intended!). :)

Funds higher than 500 are non-contributory. So when we run a report for the individual givers, we include funds 1-499 for tax purposes.
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

Kristi

Contribution Funds

Post by Kristi »

My Contribuiton Funds are....umm...10 pages worth....1,300.
This is the reason why:
When I began posting from my Contribution module so it would post to the accounting module I could not figure the "best" way to enter all the memorials I get by setting up a Memorial Fund in the Accounting Module & still be able to run a report in the Contribution Module that listed all the contributors and where their contributions were given for acknowledgement letters we mail. (I had two days to come up with a procedure so I could get my work done.) To be able to run a report showing the name and address of the visitors who we need to acknowledge, I created a custom report.

This is what I do in the Contributions module and it works for me:

I use numbers 1-50 or basic church & non-designated income...pledges, visitors, sunday school, youth (but not specified to an event like a camp), etc.

Numbers 100-400 are memorials. My Contribution Fund name would be......Mem:name of deceased:accounting fund contributed to
ie. Mem:John Smith:Missions Fund

This way it will print on their statement exactly where their contribution went. I can list specific contributions here, and not have a million funds in the accounting module. After a year I move the old memorial numbers to a 4000 number range and reuse the original numbers.

Numbers 100-1200 are honorariums
ie. Honor:John Smith:Missions Fund

*In the memorials I use the 398 & 399 for general Undesignated Memorials and Designated Memorials...for times like Easter. We do not send acknowledgements for these gifts, but print them in the bulletin. I do not want these pulled up for my weekly report. It's easier to keep the "general" contributions seperated from the specifics.

Numbers 2000-3000 are events that the contributors do not get credit for on their statements... trips & purchases. These are subgrouped: adults, kids, missions. It's not as complicated as it sounds.
ie. 2001 Kids:Camp
2002 Kids:Park
2050 Youth:Camp

Numbers 3000 on up are old numbers. I group these by year...
3000's were last year, 4000 are this year.

Since I am the only one who has to work with these numbers I can create as many as I need & it doesn't "blow anyone's mind". It was the 50 Fund Accounting Funds that my finance committee wanted me to condense last year. I learned to use the sub-accounts to better manage those and condense them down to 30. They are generally for non-budgeted line items...with a few exceptions like youth & kids.

***By the way...Beta version 9 has a report I was needing to show how all these funds and their numbers "link". *You have to remember when you change a Fund Accounting Number you have to change the Contribution Fund "link" used to deposit the money that was posted to the Fund Accounting.

Hope this is more helpful than confusing.
Kristi
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

camd

Post by camd »

We use a limited number of broad funds (e.g. Buildings, Programs, etc) and use many contribution funds to track individuals giving. Works great for us!
camd.

audrey

Post by audrey »

We have over 100 funds, with 1300 members
audrey