funds report on showing up on Fund summary

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

farmer1111

funds report on showing up on Fund summary

Post by farmer1111 »

Have a funds report for 02/18/2024 that was printed out. Total showing is $1217.00. Now those funds do not show up as posted or on the fund summary for the month.
The bank showed the deposit.
Where do I look? Never happened before. Been using system for over 10 years.

Thanks

NeilZ

Re: funds report on showing up on Fund summary

Post by NeilZ »

farmer1111 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:27 pm
Have a funds report for 02/18/2024 that was printed out. Total showing is $1217.00. Now those funds do not show up as posted or on the fund summary for the month.
The bank showed the deposit.
Where do I look? Never happened before. Been using system for over 10 years.

Thanks
First, check the System Audit Log under Utilities, and see if anyone did a restore of the entire database. If not, go to step 2, if they did, well, you have a bigger problem but we'll get to that under "Missing Contributions" below.

Second, check the Contribution Audit Log under Contributions -> Setup ... see if there was a Post of contributions for the Sunday in question, and if so, where they were posted to. Just highlight the date and look at the bottom note box where it will show where they were posted to, go to step 3. If there was not a Posting, are you sure that there wasn't an restore made of the system or contributions?

Third, if they were not posted to Funds Accounting but to a file, or only to Contributions, then you're going to have to create the deposit entry in Funds Accounting. Just use a previous Sunday contribution deposit as a guide.

Now, if you do not find anything under under step 1 or 2 ... somethings wrong

Missing Contributions
One of the first things I ask is, do you have an older version of Powerchurch installed, say v12 that may have been accidentally accessed ??

If not, has anyone done anything to the computer, say restore a backup there??

Let us know what you find.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.