Tithe.ly

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Gracecom2770

Tithe.ly

Post by Gracecom2770 »

Our church is considering moving from Vanco to Tithe.ly. I have a few questions.

Do you have to post anything manually? If so, how much time do you spend on average posting?
On the accounting side do the funds from Tithe.ly post to bank reconciliation correctly?
How does your monthly billing amount from Tithe.ly differ from Vanco? Is it a huge savings for your church or about the same?

I would appreciate any input you have.

Thank you,
Amy Granger
Grace Community Baptist

NeilZ

Re: Tithe.ly

Post by NeilZ »

Gracecom2770 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:37 pm
Our church is considering moving from Vanco to Tithe.ly. I have a few questions.

Do you have to post anything manually? If so, how much time do you spend on average posting?
On the accounting side do the funds from Tithe.ly post to bank reconciliation correctly?
How does your monthly billing amount from Tithe.ly differ from Vanco? Is it a huge savings for your church or about the same?

I would appreciate any input you have.

Thank you,
Amy Granger
Grace Community Baptist
1. Yes, you will have to post everything manually, this includes the contributions entry, the deposits made , and the service fees that they charge for each transaction. You'll spend about an hour or more depending on how many transactions you get in through the internet.

2 Again, you'll have to post to contributions, at the same time when you post contributions, you need to make sure that the date of the contribution is the exact date it was deposited to the bank, you'll then have to add all service charges.

3. It depends on what plan you have with Vanco. Sure, you're going to save a few cents with the other service, but how many transactions do you get from online?

If the difference in cost is 15 cents, you get 200 transactions, you may save 30.00 in online fees. However, you have to take your time into account. WIth Vanco, its a simple connection and the system imports the data and creates all the proper transactions. If its going to take you 2 hours to do the work, and you get paid $15 an hour, you're not saving anything!!

Frankly, the ease of use, and fact that the system does all the entries means that there is less chance that human error will cause a problem.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Gracecom2770

Post by Gracecom2770 »

Thank you Neil.
The import template from Tithe.ly doesn't work well then?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Gracecom2770 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:37 am
Thank you Neil.
The import template from Tithe.ly doesn't work well then?
They're designed for Quickbooks, which doesn't easily translate to PCPlus, but again, you have to figure out how much your time is worth.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.