"Cash" Profile?

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RLM

"Cash" Profile?

Post by RLM »

I am currently entering contributions for the first time. I have been handed a bank deposit book which has all of the contributions from Jan 1, 2004 to the current date. This information doesn't give me more than the contributor's name & the amount contributed. There are no check numbers, etc. included in this information.

It is going to be a while before I can use the Accounting module of PC+, so in the mean time I want to be able to track "Cash" contributions that cannot be assigned to a member of the congregation. I currently am doing this by assigning an "envelope #" to a phantom "Contributions - Cash" profile.

Is this acceptable or is there a better way to do this?
In Him,

RLM

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

That's probably the best way to handle that situation. I'd suggest assigning your loose cash (or 'Lucy Cash' for the clever) profile an envelope number that lies outside the range of your normal use, so you can exclude it if necessary. The only number off limits for this is 99999, which is used internally by PowerChurch.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

We reserved envelope number 10000 and named it "Cash In." It is used for all unclaimed cash, i.e. Sunday School collections and AM/PM contributions, etc.

Make sense?

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."