Check Reader with V9 Upgrade

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jeffkoke

Check Reader with V9 Upgrade

Post by jeffkoke »

I upgraded to V9 last Thursday evening, so this past Sunday was the first time our counting team used the contributions module.

We immediately noticed that after every check was scanned, PC+ required us to re-associate the check with the contributor's envelope number.

Now I'll admit that I've not RTM, but was this expected?

The finance pastor is happy as a clam with the new version. We're getting ready to start our budgeting for next year and she's excited about the new features!

AdvanceThanks,
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

Zoe
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zoe »

Opps. Turns out there are 3 coscan.* files that were not being converted. Fortunately, because there were no changes between the version 8.5 and version 9 coscan.* files, you can just copy the them from your version 8.5 Data folder and paste them into your version 9 Data folder. Then reindex the data files. This will only work for these 3 files, it would not work for any of the other data files.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I do this, I'm assuming no negative effect to the existing fileset in v9? As the v9 files now have data in them from the contributions input yesterday.

I'll make a manual backup copy of these files and then copy over the coscan.* files from the v8.5 directory.

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Thanks Jeff, you beat me to it ... that was my problem on Sunday too . Luckily I was the one doing the counting.

Noticed something else that caused me some heartburn. On the scan checks entry, when you tab down the fund to enter a fund number, the field preloads with a 0, so if I enter a 1, the fund number then becomes a 10. Its a pain to have to hit the delete or space key to overwrite that zero.

I didn't have access to a check reader at home where I was doing the beta testing, so this didn't get accessed at that time.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

NeilZ wrote:

Noticed something else that caused me some heartburn. On the scan checks entry, when you tab down the fund to enter a fund number, the field preloads with a 0, so if I enter a 1, the fund number then becomes a 10. Its a pain to have to hit the delete or space key to overwrite that zero.

I didn't have access to a check reader at home where I was doing the beta testing, so this didn't get accessed at that time.
While testing the maintenance release at home, I tried a manual entry using the check reader screen, and it looks like this has been fixed, at least on the WinXP machine at home. I'll try it on the Win98 box at church later in the week.

Well done !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.