Updating Fund accounting when posting contributions...help

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

YFC

Updating Fund accounting when posting contributions...help

Post by YFC »

Okay, i'm using Powerchurch Plus 8

I posted the Contributions but i only posted them via the "Only update the contributions module" method.

Now here's my problem, i want to update the fund accounting for these contributions but i can't seem to find where i can do that for these already posted contributions...is there a way to do it or do i have to go back into each posted contribution and change them so they become unposted once again in order to repost them? Please say this isn't the case as i have hundreds of individual contributions and i don't want to go through them all.

Any help would be appreciated please. Thank you.

Randy B

Post by Randy B »

I am not sure if you can go back and repost without doubling up your contributions but you can run a report within contributions that will give you the contribution fund totals. This would give you the basis for entering a journal entry in fund accounting that would debit the appropriate cash accounts and crediting the revenue accounts you have in your chart of accounts. This is what would have happened if you would have posted your contributions and transferred the information over to fund accounting.
Randy B

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Randy is right, your best option in this case is to use the funds report in contributions to get the totals posted and then manually add the journal entry in fund accounting. You are just doing manually what the system automatically would do and it would be a lot faster than reentering all the contributions again.

YFC

Post by YFC »

Alright, thanks for your help....i was hoping there was an easier way, but oh well.