Writing off pledges

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Linda Batman

Writing off pledges

Post by Linda Batman »

Has anyone had to handle writing off pledges? We've had people write to us that they can no longer fullfill their pledge. We've always had the policy that a pledge is a pledge and we would write them off instead of decreasing or eliminating them. Is there a way to do this in PC+? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NeilZ

Re: Writing off pledges

Post by NeilZ »

Linda Batman wrote:Has anyone had to handle writing off pledges? We've had people write to us that they can no longer fullfill their pledge. We've always had the policy that a pledge is a pledge and we would write them off instead of decreasing or eliminating them. Is there a way to do this in PC+? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'writing them off' or how that would apply. If at the end of the pledge period, the person has not fulfilled what they say they would have ... it doesn't 'roll over' in to the next pledge period. So I guess that is essentially writing them off.

If someone tells us that they have had a 'lifestyle change' usually a job loss, etc, we will adjust their pledge based on what they tell us. If they say they can't do anything, we will just close out the pledge period on their pledge as of the date they tell us.

However, if someone does not meet their pledge who has the ability to pay, we just send them the statement. They'll have to try and justify it to the Lord.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Linda Batman

Post by Linda Batman »

Thank you Neil. That answer seems to obvious now! We didn't want to change the donor's pledge, but we didn't want them to continue to receive a statement. Changing the ending date for the pledge solves the problem perfectly. I appreciate your input. Thank you!