Bank Deposit Report Option

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jeffkoke

Bank Deposit Report Option

Post by jeffkoke »

I'd like to see this option at some point.

For the bank deposit slip report, I'd like to be able to print based on (contribution) date entered.

Here's why:

If there are unposted contributions in PC+ from a previous entry/week and the current week's contributions are entered, there is no way to print a deposit slip report for the newer week's contributions. Currently, the report will show all of the unposted contributions in the system. This report would be useless to the bank, since the previous week's monies have already been deposited.

Specific example:
This past Sunday our counting team entered Sunday's contributions. They dutifully printed out the:
1. Unposted Contributions report
2. Unposted Funds report (thanks for adding that to the contribution only user)
3. Deposit Slip report.

On Monday, I entered some benevolence contributions that were received in a separate offering (a church member's home burned to the ground). After entering the checks and cash offerings, I realized that I could not print out a deposit slip report for the benevolence monies.

The way we do business for contributions is that monies received on a Sunday are reported/posted on the Sunday date. Other monies received are posted on successive dates.

I would like to see a pick list, similar to that in the unposted contributions report where I can choose a date (entered) for the deposit report.

Make sense?

Doable this year? :D

AdvanceThanks,
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Ditto !! The reason is that our financial secretary doesn't always post the previous weeks contributions before the next Sunday rolls around. She's waiting for the bank's deposit confirmation to be sure that there are no problems with the previous deposit.

Our problem is that the counters can't print out the slip to verify the checks entered, and to include with the deposit with all the previous weeks entries there too.

I know Jeff feels the same way about this, we should have come up with this prior to v.9 going GA . But, good ideas pop up at any time !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Okay, I just added it to version 9, it will be made available in the next maintenance release. If there is more than one date of unposted contributions, you get a dialog where you can select which dates to include with check boxes. The report will include any dates you select.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Jeff wrote:Okay, I just added it to version 9, it will be made available in the next maintenance release. If there is more than one date of unposted contributions, you get a dialog where you can select which dates to include with check boxes. The report will include any dates you select.
You guys rock !! 8)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Outstanding!! :)
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his