Envelope numbers

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

BethAn

Envelope numbers

Post by BethAn »

I'm new to this program and am setting up everyone's information. I can enter the env numbers in the personal profile section, but my question is:
Does each individual person need a seperate number? What about couples that pledge and contribute together? Will only one name appear on the statement?
Thanks
Beth

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

If a couple contributes together, they will need to have the same envelope number. People within the same family can have the same number. People in different families cannot.

The name on the statement will be different depending on the names associated with the envelope number. For instance, consider this family:

John Smith (father)
Mary Smith (mother)
Joey Smith (child)
Betty Smith (child)

If John has envelope number 20 and Mary, Joey, and Betty all have no envelope number, or a different envelope number John's statement will say "John Smith."

If John and Mary share envelope number 20, and the kids have a different (or no) number, the statement will say "John and Mary Smith."

If John, Mary, Joey, and Betty all have envelope number 20, the statement will say "John Smith and Family."

If John has 20, Mary has 22, Joey has 20, and Betty has 22, the statement for 20 will say "John Smith and Family" and the statement for 22 will say "Mary Smith and Family."

Hopefully, this gives you a basic idea of how this all works together.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

BethAn

Post by BethAn »

Thanks for the quick reply.

The way the contributions works is great!! Just put the same number on all the people in the same family that contribute together. I can put seperate numbers on the children if they give seperate from their parents.
I understand completely now.

Thanks again, this bulletin board is awesome.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

BethAn,

We run one nevelope number series for the adults and another for the children.

The children get their own envelopes (that can be colored) in childrens church and all monies received in these envelopes are designated as tithe/offering to children's church.

If your church uses pre-addressed, pre-numbered boxed envelope sets, PC+ can generate a report for you, too.

One note of caution: With tax deductions in mind, some adults may not want their children's donations included with theirs. This is another reason why we give the children separate envelope numbers.

Another satisfied user!

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

BethAn

Post by BethAn »

Jeff,
Thanks for your help. We have always given envelopes to those who want them and they are usually just the adult couple. When a child decides to pledge, we give them their own envelope. The child gets their own contribution statement at the end of the year just like mom and dad. It really makes them feel like part of the church when they can contribute and get recognition apart from their parents.
I was confused because the old program I used would allow me to either put the envelope number with the family or the individual. This could get confusing trying to remember if the couple was giving together or seperate. I like this way better.
Thanks again.