Contribution From Payroll

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

TBM

Contribution From Payroll

Post by TBM »

A member would like for use to take his contribution from his salary as a deduction for tithes, renovation etc. The payroll check is paid out of our class flow account I want to include these funds on the funds report in the contribution module. Any advice

TBM

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

TBM,

The easy answer is to have the member write a tithe/offering check to the church.

Accounting for reimbursements/donations of renovations can be a sticky wicket, too. We require a receipt and then reimburse the individual. S/he can sign the check back to the church for a donation, if desired.

I see several logistics related problems of trying to do a deduction from a payroll check for a tithe/offering contribution:
- Is there an already decided upon percentage for the deduction?
- How will you verify dollar amounts with respect to renovations?
- Making an 'automatic' deduction from his pay might require you to write a separate (church) check to the church for the contribution/offering.

Its early in the day, so perhaps someone else has a better solution.

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

Randy B

Post by Randy B »

Setting up a deduction in payroll could be easily done. The most tricky part would be to set the accounts. One suggestion is to set up a clearing account in the liability account numbers that would be credited when payroll is posted. When reviewing your financials, when you see this account you know you have to go into contributions and clear it out by using a contribution fund that would debit the clearing account and credit the appropriate revenue account. This is very simple and does not account for funds that may have cash. You may need an additional entry for that. In short, there is not an integrated way I know of to do this.
Randy B