Bank Deposit Info After Posting

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jeffkoke

Bank Deposit Info After Posting

Post by jeffkoke »

Is there a way to generate a bank depost report after the contributions for a given week have been posted?

Background:
A couple days ago we received a notice from the bank that indicated an adjustment had been made based on the number of checks deposited on a given day. With each deposit, we include the Bank Deposit Slip report. Apparently the bank lost a check.

Since the contributions for that Sunday have already been posted, when I (attempt) to run the Bank Deposit Slip, there is nothing to report.

How can I gen a report that shows all the checks deposited for a given date?

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

NeilZ

Re: Bank Deposit Info After Posting

Post by NeilZ »

jeffkoke wrote:Is there a way to generate a bank depost report after the contributions for a given week have been posted?

Background:
A couple days ago we received a notice from the bank that indicated an adjustment had been made based on the number of checks deposited on a given day. With each deposit, we include the Bank Deposit Slip report. Apparently the bank lost a check.

Since the contributions for that Sunday have already been posted, when I (attempt) to run the Bank Deposit Slip, there is nothing to report.

How can I gen a report that shows all the checks deposited for a given date?

Jeff
Don't think you can ... however, you can pull up a list of all contributions for the date, then by process of elimination figure out which ones is missing. It should be a check that is exactly the amount misplaced.

We ran into this ourselves, and this was the only way we could figure out which one it was. Which is why we no longer post the contributions until we get the confirmation deposti slip from the bank. And which is why I seconded your request for the bank deposit slip by date, because it doesn't always get there by the next Sunday !! 8)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Neil,

What we've done as a matter of course is to print out two copies of the bank deposit slip. One goes to the bank with the deposit. The second becomes a part of the permanent contributions record for that week.

The bank was able to provide all of the $20 check numbers for that week's deposit. Using the process of elimination, I was able to determine whose check did not clear.

We definitely had the check as it was run through the check reader when processed. We also count the number of checks and compare that number to what the bank deposit slip reports.

To top that off, I actually made two deposits that day. The second was a large non-contributional deposit that was turned in after the initial count was made.

If we did not have that hard copy print out, your suggestion would be the next best choice for us.

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Chesapeake VA

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jeffkoke wrote:Neil,

What we've done as a matter of course is to print out two copies of the bank deposit slip. One goes to the bank with the deposit. The second becomes a part of the permanent contributions record for that week.

The bank was able to provide all of the $20 check numbers for that week's deposit. Using the process of elimination, I was able to determine whose check did not clear.

We definitely had the check as it was run through the check reader when processed. We also count the number of checks and compare that number to what the bank deposit slip reports.

To top that off, I actually made two deposits that day. The second was a large non-contributional deposit that was turned in after the initial count was made.

If we did not have that hard copy print out, your suggestion would be the next best choice for us.

Jeff
That idea about printing two copies of the slip is not a bad one. I'll pass it on to our financial secretary.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Great! I'll let you know where to send the contribution! :lol:
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Chesapeake VA