Entering a contribution

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dchannell1

Entering a contribution

Post by dchannell1 »

I am using PowerChurch for the first time. Am I correct in thinking that you must enter an envelope number when entering a contribution in order for a contributors name to show up? Cannot just start typing a name?

Thanks
David

NeilZ

Re: Entering a contribution

Post by NeilZ »

dchannell1 wrote:I am using PowerChurch for the first time. Am I correct in thinking that you must enter an envelope number when entering a contribution in order for a contributors name to show up? Cannot just start typing a name?

Thanks
David
David,

First off .. every contributor must have an envelope number, that is because the number is the key that ties the Contributions database to the Personal Profiles.

Second ... you don't have to have an envelope number, you can search on the name using the Magnifying Glass icon next to the envelope number entry box. If you have Incremental Search set under Preferences -> Contributions Setup -> Contribution Data Entry you can start typing the last name and the system will search the database bringing up the last name in the list .. if you have more than one person with the last name, such as Jones, you'll at least be in the ballpark to find them.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dchannell1

Post by dchannell1 »

Thanks Neil.

So let's say you group a family with an envelope#100 and one of their kids gives a contribution, they would need a different envelope #? Is this how others handle H&W (one envelope #) then a contributing kid (another envelope #)?

Thanks

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dchannell1 wrote:Thanks Neil.

So let's say you group a family with an envelope#100 and one of their kids gives a contribution, they would need a different envelope #? Is this how others handle H&W (one envelope #) then a contributing kid (another envelope #)?

Thanks
That is a possibility .. of course, if a minor child, you can have the option of just putting it on the parents envelope so they can get the benefit of any deductions.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dchannell1

Post by dchannell1 »

How do you handle contributions that do not have a donor? "Cash in the offering plate." In our other software program, I setup someone called "Cash Offerings".

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dchannell1 wrote:How do you handle contributions that do not have a donor? "Cash in the offering plate." In our other software program, I setup someone called "Cash Offerings".
A search on loose cash brought up a few threads, here's one which should assist you:

https://www.powerchurch.com/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=6889
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dchannell1

Post by dchannell1 »

Thanks Neil.