Mis-aligned columns on printed reports

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Bob Robbins

Post by Bob Robbins »

I'm a new user, working with PC+9 and Windows ME. Printed reports of Unposted Contributions and Envelope Numbers List have overlapping columns, so that only part of reports are readable.
Can anyone tell me how to correct the format?
Bob Robbins
Financial Secretary

NeilZ

Re: Mis-aligned columns on printed reports

Post by NeilZ »

Bob Robbins wrote:I'm a new user, working with PC+9 and Windows ME. Printed reports of Unposted Contributions and Envelope Numbers List have overlapping columns, so that only part of reports are readable.
Two things ...

1. Do you have the latest driver for your printer?
2. Is the printer a USB printer??

The reason is a few people have had some problems that either a new driver fixed, or a switch from the USB to the parallel port on the printer (if there is one) fixed.

Have you tried to printer to a different printer ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Bob Robbins wrote:I'm a new user, working with PC+9 and Windows ME. Printed reports of Unposted Contributions and Envelope Numbers List have overlapping columns, so that only part of reports are readable.
Two things ...

1. Do you have the latest driver for your printer?
2. Is the printer a USB printer??

The reason is a few people have had some problems that either a new driver fixed, or a switch from the USB to the parallel port on the printer (if there is one) fixed.

Have you tried to print to a different printer ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Bob Robbins

Post by Bob Robbins »

Yes, I have the latest driver. Yes, I use the USB connection, no other option available.
No, my only printer is a Lexmark X75
Bob Robbins
Financial Secretary

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Bob Robbins wrote:Yes, I have the latest driver. Yes, I use the USB connection, no other option available.
No, my only printer is a Lexmark X75
That may be the issue ... if you could borrow a different printer, a laser, or inkjet with a parallel port and give it a try.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

foxygramps

Post by foxygramps »

I think that I was the first one that found this problem during Beta Testing. Reports are written using Unicode. Not all printer mfg's support Unicode.
If you have to get a new printer, be sure its Unicode compatible. Search under Unicode to find printer makers that are part of the Unicode support group.

Mike_P

Post by Mike_P »

Bob,

Your problem sounds similar to the one posted in this thread:

http://powerchurch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=682

I have contacted the company that wrote the printer drivers for our network printer that was doing this. They seemed unaware that "Unicode" could be the issue. However, they did offer me advice on some older and less sophisticated drivers that would work with our printer. I found one that works for us, finally.

Since the older driver works, I'm not convinced that "Unicode" is the entire issue. I think there are compatibility issues with the reporting module on our Win98 & ME systems that need to be addressed as well.

Mike P.