Income & Expense Statement Additional Column

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Buffalofoodshelf1

Re: Income & Expense Statement Additional Column

Post by Buffalofoodshelf1 »

Maybe. His response now is that he wants to see the percent change rather than the percent of.

Is that possible?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Buffalofoodshelf1 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:40 am
Maybe. His response now is that he wants to see the percent change rather than the percent of.

Is that possible?
Percent change from what?? The previous month ?? Previous year ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Buffalofoodshelf1

Here is what he sent:

"This column works if I subtract 100 from the result to get the % change rather than the % of."

This is after sending the report that included YTD Budget Difference and YTD Budget Percentage.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Buffalofoodshelf1 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:43 pm
Here is what he sent:

"This column works if I subtract 100 from the result to get the % change rather than the % of."

This is after sending the report that included YTD Budget Difference and YTD Budget Percentage.
All it does is show how much is left to spend ... so it it shows 35% he wants it to show -65% ?? The next month use is 45% he wants a column to show -55% ?? That's not a change that's just the remainder of what is shown after you subtract 100. That's an easy mental calculation.

The system does not provide the data in that format. Powerchurch could create a special report, but you would need to get a quote on the cost, and I don't think its inexpensive. What do the rest of the church board think?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Buffalofoodshelf1

Well, the treasurer and I agree that it is certainly something this board member could do in his head! It's for sure not worth the money to have a custom report created. I guess I was looking for a confirmation from someone that this is not an option and I appreciate your confirmation of that. This board member has gone so far as to suggest a software change, which I will not support in any way. Thank you so much for hearing me out and trying to understand something that I wasn't understanding to begin with. I will relay this message to the board.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Buffalofoodshelf1 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:52 pm
Well, the treasurer and I agree that it is certainly something this board member could do in his head! It's for sure not worth the money to have a custom report created. I guess I was looking for a confirmation from someone that this is not an option and I appreciate your confirmation of that. This board member has gone so far as to suggest a software change, which I will not support in any way. Thank you so much for hearing me out and trying to understand something that I wasn't understanding to begin with. I will relay this message to the board.
I'm still trying to figure out what he expect to see. Its not the military where you try to use up your budget before the end of October because otherwise you'll lose it the next budget year :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.