Grouping Individuals in a Household

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

hajian

Grouping Individuals in a Household

Post by hajian »

I am trying to create a report which lists household names and under each household name, lists individual names that belong to that household. I’ve managed to create a report, but I’m doing something wrong. The report I created shows the individual names, but instead of listing all individuals of one household together under that household name, the report re-lists the household name for each individual in the household. Somehow I am not correctly grouping the individuals and households so that the household only shows up once for all individuals in it.

Right now I have the household name under “Group Header” and the individual name under “Detail”. I am sure I am missing something simple. Any ideas what?

NeilZ

Re: Grouping Individuals in a Household

Post by NeilZ »

hajian wrote:I am trying to create a report which lists household names and under each household name, lists individual names that belong to that household. I’ve managed to create a report, but I’m doing something wrong. The report I created shows the individual names, but instead of listing all individuals of one household together under that household name, the report re-lists the household name for each individual in the household. Somehow I am not correctly grouping the individuals and households so that the household only shows up once for all individuals in it.

Right now I have the household name under “Group Header” and the individual name under “Detail”. I am sure I am missing something simple. Any ideas what?
FWIW ... there's a neat tutorial that may answer some of your questions, its actually on creating a custom church directory, but it will definitely answer your questions on grouping households:

http://www.powerchurch.com/support/answ ... icle_id=25
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.