Change Font Size on Directory Report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rschlosser

Change Font Size on Directory Report

Post by rschlosser »

Hello,

I searched this forum and found that one can change the font sizes on reports by exporting them as .doc files and making changes there. However, I use a MAC which does not recognize Powerchurch's "Windows Doc" export files, though I do have Mac Windows Word and Excel on my computer.

Do you have any suggestions how to save as a .doc file to Mac Word? Is it possible? I tried exporting to Excel, but
the changes are a hassle and the report still printed in tiny font - even after saving the spreadsheet with a larger font.

Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Re: Change Font Size on Directory Report

Post by NeilZ »

rschlosser wrote:Hello,

I searched this forum and found that one can change the font sizes on reports by exporting them as .doc files and making changes there. However, I use a MAC which does not recognize Powerchurch's "Windows Doc" export files, though I do have Mac Windows Word and Excel on my computer.

Do you have any suggestions how to save as a .doc file to Mac Word? Is it possible? I tried exporting to Excel, but
the changes are a hassle and the report still printed in tiny font - even after saving the spreadsheet with a larger font.

Thanks for your help.
FWIW ... Powerchurch exports into the old Word 97-2003 format ... I'm surprised that the MAC version of Word doesn't read that, as that is one reason why MS created the version, for interoperability. However, have you tried saving it to an RTF file, instead of MS Word. The MAC version of Word should definitely be able to read that type of format.

That said, they don't make a MAC version of Office any longer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

rschlosser

Post by rschlosser »

I will give the other file extension a try. Thanks!

rschlosser

Post by rschlosser »

My mistake on the Word file issue. Mac was merely "blocking" the file, so I opened it accordingly from the task bar and saved the doc. (You are not crazy!) :) My report now has larger fonts and is ready to print.
Thanks again!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

You're welcome !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.