Custom Report "file does not exist"

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rschlosser

Custom Report "file does not exist"

Post by rschlosser »

Hello,

After the maintenance release in the past few days, my custom reports will run a query ("browse query"), but will not load when I ask to start or edit the report. I am directed to PC...11.5 folder, which does not have my reports. If I try to exit the search and leave the custom reports "print" dialogue, a message pops up that the report does not exist and directs me back to the Pc...11.5 folder. I cannot leave this dialogue - an endless loop.

I also cannot find my files anywhere (local disk, Z disk, client disk, etc.) if I search using my computer search function.

How can I access my custom reports?

Thank you!

NeilZ

Re: Custom Report "file does not exist"

Post by NeilZ »

rschlosser wrote:Hello,

After the maintenance release in the past few days, my custom reports will run a query ("browse query"), but will not load when I ask to start or edit the report. I am directed to PC...11.5 folder, which does not have my reports. If I try to exit the search and leave the custom reports "print" dialogue, a message pops up that the report does not exist and directs me back to the Pc...11.5 folder. I cannot leave this dialogue - an endless loop.

I also cannot find my files anywhere (local disk, Z disk, client disk, etc.) if I search using my computer search function.

How can I access my custom reports?

Thank you!
Are you using regular PCPlus or the Online version ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

rschlosser

Post by rschlosser »

I am using the online version.

After working with reports the last few days, I realize it may
have something to do with saving changes on a Mac, then working on the report from home
and saving changes on a PC, and vice versa? If I begin a report on one client, finish it on that client, then try to
access it using another client, I sometimes have problems accessing the report and receive the "file does not exist"
error loop/message.

A month ago, I had no trouble creating a report on one client, making changes using another client,
and then accessing the changed report with either client.

Thanks.

rschlosser

Post by rschlosser »

PS: I have changed the path on "choose output type" to save to
my hard drive (Client M) and a folder for my PC reports.
Nothing ever shows up in this folder. I CAN save in Xcel doc output form
and find the file. However, I cannot save in "Column Report" format (as I desire)
and find this file anywhere - even in the PC11.5 folder under "custom reports" (if I
change the path back to save to the Z: drive, PC folder, etc.)

It still does not come up when I try to start the report. Error message is still that
PC cannot find the file, the file does not exist, is corrupt, or the wrong format.
When I try to view the text only, the text only is blank.

Again, this happens when I try to access this custom report on a PC with a reinstalled PC online client.
The report worked yesterday on my Mac online client.

I hope this helps.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Does your report have a picture/logo in it? Most likely, you are getting that message because it is looking for the picture file on one of your computers while you are connected from a different computer.

If this is the problem, you can send the picture to us as a file attachment in an e-mail to support@powerchurch.com and we will get the picture uploaded to the server for you, so it will be available from anywhere.

In your e-mail, please include your pcu number and why you are sending the picture in, just in case it is received by a technician that hasn't yet seen this forum post :)

rschlosser

Post by rschlosser »

That makes perfect sense! I will send the email and let you know if I have any more troubles, but I
think that should solve everything. (Yes, there is a logo on my Mac that is not on my PC.)

Thanks!