Accounts with Debits and Credits totals

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

beckyc

Accounts with Debits and Credits totals

Post by beckyc »

Hi,
I'd like to create a report that is similar to the account activity report, but would be just a summary report. For example, in the checking account fund of 1111, the report would say the beginning balance, the total debits for the month, the total credits for the month and the ending balance. I can create a custom report right now that gives me beginning balance and ending balance but gives me the net change not a divided out listing of debits and credits.

Is this possible?
Thanks
Becky

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Accounts with Debits and Credits totals

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, no. The custom report writer in Fund Accounting only has accounts, balances, and budgets. It doesn't have the actual transaction details available to it. If you are using Version 11 or 11.5, there is an Export to Access under the Utilities menu, if you wanted to get the data out and report on it from there.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

The report you are talking about is a trial balance report. The trial balance report in PowerChurch lists the beginning balance, the net change in the account and the ending balance. It does not list the debits and credits separately.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?

beckyc

Post by beckyc »

Just saw this answer to an old question that I had. My purpose for trying to do this report is to print a list of our asset accounts (benevolence fund, church fellowship fund checkbook, regular checkbook, etc) for a trustee meeting. They would like the report to now only show the beginning and ending balances but also show how much money came in during the month and how much went out.

For example the benevolence fund - we received $500 in donations but we distributed $475 so a change of $25. But they would like to know that we actually helped people for $475 worth and not just see that our checkbook grew by $25.

Any way to easily automate this?

Thanks
Becky

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

If you are looking for totals from a fund and not just an account. The Accounting Fund Balances report should give you this. You can get the results by month as well as annually. Look under Accounting > Fund Accounting > Reports - Fund Accounting.
Tom

beckyc

Post by beckyc »

Thanks, but I'm not looking for a fund listing - I guess I kind of confused that by saying fellowship fund which is what our church people might call it when in PC+ terms it is really an the "fellowship" asset account.

I created a custom report that gives me a partially usable report. It gives me the account name and the beginning and ending balances. Then I just add 2 columns to the spreadsheet and physically type in the debit total and credit total (which I can find by doing the account activity listing). I was just hoping for a little less hand work as then there is more possibility of adding human error.
Thanks
Becky