Custom Report - Visitor / Visitation

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pswilson

Custom Report - Visitor / Visitation

Post by pswilson »

Greetings...

I seem to have run into a snag with creating custom reports.

I would like to generate one report that pulls information from the "Visitation Report" and "Personal Profiles/Family Grouped Report". What I'm looking for is to generate a report that shows me all of our congregants coded as "visitor" (family grouped report) while including the "Registered date", "Who visited", "When visited", "Visitation Purpose", "Visitation Method", and "Results" (Visitation Detail).

I believe the visitation report only shows me people with visitation information entered into the system, and the family grouped report only shows me all those people who are coded as visitor in our system.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Pastor Shane

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Custom Report - Visitor / Visitation

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, you won't be able to report on people who don't have visitation records if you are creating the report in Visitations. It would be only those with visitation records. Reports created from Personal Profiles won't be able to report on Visitations data.

The alternative would be to use the Export to Access MDB utility. This type of limitation in the custom report writer in PowerChurch is why the Export to Access exists, so you can do more complex reporting and queries.

pswilson

Post by pswilson »

Zorak...

The Export to Access MDB utility... can I pull every piece of data for a specific personal profile & every visitation or is there information that cannot be exported? I am wanting to cross-reference visitation data with personal profile data.

I performed the export, but it seemed to be missing some data I was looking for. Is this due to my limitations (did I just miss the data) or can you tell me if there is some data that is not included in the export?

Thx
Shane

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There is certain information that is not included, like background checks, users & passwords, etc. Things that are specifically user-access protected in PowerChurch Plus, or those items that are encrypted in the database are not exported. Since the Access database will not be user and password protected like the PowerChurch database is, we decided to keep those types of sensitive items from being exported.

All contact information, family and profile is available there.

There are Knowledge Base articles that list the different data files/table names in the PowerChurch database and explain what kind of information is stored in each. That may help:

http://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb.p ... data+files