Custom Report Output

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

GLURC

Custom Report Output

Post by GLURC »

I am new to PowerChurch but have used custom report writers before. I am fine with naming the query and choosing the data I want to show up on the report.
I'm getting stuck on the output. I am not able to adjust the look of the report at all ... specifically the spacing of the fonts. No matter what font I pick, they are all fixed pitch (all characters are the same width). Looks terrible.
I've tried following some of the examples in the Knowledge Base (none of which show what the report will actually look like when you print it), but nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Custom Report Output

Post by Zorak »

Courier New is the default font that is used when creating a new report.

It sounds like you might be changing the default font on the report properties screen instead of on the individual fields in the report output. Doing so would set the default font to be used when you add new fields to the report.

To change a font on a field in the Report Designer, double click on it to open the Field Properties and click on the Style tab. Click the ellipsis (...) button to browse through the fonts installed on your computer.

GLURC

Post by GLURC »

Thanks, Zorak, for posting.
I am trying to change the font in the individual fields, but no matter what I pick, they all end up with the fixed pitch of Courier New. Is there somewhere I can tell the report writer to use the pitch (character spacing) for the font I want to use rather than the fixed pitch of the default?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

GLURC wrote:Thanks, Zorak, for posting.
I am trying to change the font in the individual fields, but no matter what I pick, they all end up with the fixed pitch of Courier New. Is there somewhere I can tell the report writer to use the pitch (character spacing) for the font I want to use rather than the fixed pitch of the default?
It does not sound like you're actually changing the font in the design area of the report writer. If you were, you would see the difference in the report as soon as you ran an example report.

This Knowledgebase Article, while referring to the check layout, uses the same techniques you would use to change any custom report field.

http://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb.php?id=87&type=1

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GLURC

Post by GLURC »

Just got off the phone with PowerChurch support. The reason for the problem: I do not have a printer hooked up to this computer. The report writer is looking for printer drivers, and there aren't any. I installed PowerChurch on a different computer, and the report writer worked.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

GLURC wrote:Just got off the phone with PowerChurch support. The reason for the problem: I do not have a printer hooked up to this computer. The report writer is looking for printer drivers, and there aren't any. I installed PowerChurch on a different computer, and the report writer worked.
Of course ... the report writer has no idea what fonts it could use to format the report without the driver ...
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.