Custom Reports 3x5 Index Cards

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

GLC

Custom Reports 3x5 Index Cards

Post by GLC »

Is there any way to modify the existing reports to change the format for 3x5 index cards church directory? If not is there a way to add a custom report to support Avery 3x5 labels for a Laser Printer? If not what table contains the directory sequence so that I can write my own SQL for another report writer? Thanks for any help you can give me.

NeilZ

Re: Custom Reports 3x5 Index Cards

Post by NeilZ »

Arthur wrote:Is there any way to modify the existing reports to change the format for 3x5 index cards church directory? If not is there a way to add a custom report to support Avery 3x5 labels for a Laser Printer? If not what table contains the directory sequence so that I can write my own SQL for another report writer? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Standard reports are exactly that, standard. The format can't be changed.

That said, there are a number of things you can do:

1. Create a custom report to export the fields you want to a Form Report that you can then customize for 3x5 cards.

2. Export data to a comma delimited file and input into a program like Avery's Wizard for Microsoft Office

3. Export the entire database to an Access database and then use Access to format the data the way you want for 3x5 cards. (Assuming you're using v11+)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GLC

Post by GLC »

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have exported the personal profile data to a comma delimited file and am working with Avery's Wizard. I have most of it working except for the directory sequence. I found the field on the integrated data form but do not see the field in any of the data. Is it exported from the family mailing list?

Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Arthur wrote:Thank you for your prompt response.

I have exported the personal profile data to a comma delimited file and am working with Avery's Wizard. I have most of it working except for the directory sequence. I found the field on the integrated data form but do not see the field in any of the data. Is it exported from the family mailing list?

Thanks for your help.
The sequence number is on the personal profile I believe.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GLC

Post by GLC »

I found the field that I was looking for. Thank you for all your help.