Problem with tagged files and creating reports

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Linda Batman

Problem with tagged files and creating reports

Post by Linda Batman »

I'm trying to run a report of donors who "pledged" last year but haven't yet this year using two different contribution fund numbers. Since there doesn't appear to be a way to do this, I hand picked donors from a HUGE list and then tagged them in membership. Now I have a different problem. I need more information than the PC+ reports can give me so I've tried to creat reports in Custom Reports in both membership and Contributions. My problem is I can't get just the tagged files. Is there a way to make the system pull just the tagged? When you start the report and select Tagged Families, you have to give it a comparison critieria. I have tried to use, "is not empty" but it still pulls a huge list. There really isn't a criteria listed that would work. Is there a way around this problem?

lincolnda

Post by lincolnda »

I'm at work so can't check for sure right now, but, I believe I have a report that pulls the tagged records with the expression ' tagged is equal to "Y" '. I'll verify that later, but if you see this before I get home to check on it and send another post, maybe you can try and see if it works for you. Did you tag the profiles or the families? It might make a difference, since contribution numbers are in the profiles.

Linda Batman

Post by Linda Batman »

THANK YOU!! I would have sworn I tried that option too! It pulled in everyone of the accounts I need.

I truly appreciate your help on this!

lincolnda

Post by lincolnda »

Glad it worked. Reason that 'is not empty' did not work is that if you look at the 'Tagged' field of database MA with database manager in utilities, it is filled with either Y or N so 'is not empty' grabbed everything!!!