Custom Report w/ Information from Family & Personal Profiles

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lmconn

Custom Report w/ Information from Family & Personal Profiles

Post by lmconn »

We are trying to print a one-page directory with just names and phone numbers, but I've noticed that this requires pulling from both family and personal profiles. The most success I've had has been with using Custom Reports (Personal Profiles). This is what I want...
Smith, John & Jane............(home number)
..........John Smith...................(cell phone)
..........Jane Smith...................(cell phone)
I can basically get that output, except that the personal profiles lists that for every person (instead of combining in one display). The Family Mailing List doesn't let me pull information from the personal profiles. Any ideas or suggestions?

NeilZ

Re: Custom Report w/ Information from Family & Personal Prof

Post by NeilZ »

lmconn wrote:We are trying to print a one-page directory with just names and phone numbers, but I've noticed that this requires pulling from both family and personal profiles. The most success I've had has been with using Custom Reports (Personal Profiles). This is what I want...
Smith, John & Jane............(home number)
..........John Smith...................(cell phone)
..........Jane Smith...................(cell phone)
I can basically get that output, except that the personal profiles lists that for every person (instead of combining in one display). The Family Mailing List doesn't let me pull information from the personal profiles. Any ideas or suggestions?
Take a look at this tutorial:
https://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb. ... 406&type=1

I think it could give you some hints on how to do what you want.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

You are beautiful, thank you! I'll take a closer look and see if I can pull it off.

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

Follow-Up Question: This has worked perfectly, except for one more little issue.

I can now print a list of everyone with a cell phone, excluding all people without cell phones listed. But I cannot get my list to produce home phones without then listing a bunch of blank spaces for where it would put everyone's cell phone number. Any ideas on how I could run that list. Currently I have tried

Profile Phone 1 is not an empty field or
(Family Phone 1 is not an empty field and
Profile Phone 1 is an empty field)

Which produces

Doe - Home --xxxx
.....(blank line where John's cell would be if he had one)
.....Jane Cell --xxxx
Smith - Home --xxxx
.....(blank line for dad cell)
.....(Blank line for mom cell)
.....John Jr. Cell --xxxx
.....Jane Jr. Cell --xxxx

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

Never mind, I just found my own solution.

In the detail portion of that customizable report, I double clicked on where I had it displaying Name and also Personal Phone 1. Under the Print When tab, I clicked Remove Line if Blank. It now prints the group header with the family name and home number, but omits anyone in the family who does not have a cell phone number. Thanks for the help and thanks to PowerChurch for making that simple.