Custom labels for Envelope boxes

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

Custom labels for Envelope boxes

Post by John Dykema »

Not wanting to use the custom label set up each time we run specialty labels I decided to write a custom report for a permanent label setup. We print 2up side by side duplicate labels because we put them on General fund and Bldg fund boxes for each Envl No. I filtered all profiles for Envl No 1-499 and sort by Envl No. I also group by envl no in the designer window.
My labels are just the way I want them The single kids still living home are coming out just fine. I test for Dir. Sequence > 2, then use the Profile First Name + Last Name, else for the parent I use the Mailing Name.
My problem is I get an extra row of labels for a Mr & Mrs because there are 2 Profile records for them. Can't hide the duplicates records because of the Dir Sequence numbers are different thus they aren't duplicate.
Does anyone know how I can eliminate or bypass one of the Profile records for a Mr & Mrs?
Please advise.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Custom labels for Envelope boxes

Post by Zorak »

To get these down to one label per household, you would need to add data grouping in the report body. Group by envelope number. You will see this same kind of thing happen in the church directory custom reports that we have detailed on the site.

https://www.powerchurch.com/customreports/examples/

Add the group for envelope number and then move your fields down into the group footer band rather than the detail band.

John Dykema

Re: Custom labels for Envelope boxes

Post by John Dykema »

I did the grouping but what I missed is that I didn't move the fields into the Group Footer.
Thanks much. That was an easy fix. Also thanks for the link to the examples.
John