Enrolled in 2 Sunday School Classes

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lmconn

Enrolled in 2 Sunday School Classes

Post by lmconn »

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to think of a way to run a report that would either 1) calculate the number of people in classes, but not including multiple enrollments for the same activity type or 2) show me if someone is enrolled in 2 sunday school classes.

In our denomination, we maintain a "responsibility list" which is basically just the class list. However, we should not count the same person twice. In PowerChurch, you can enroll someone in the same activity type for multiple classes. I am hoping for an easy way to find these duplicates.

I have found this custom report (https://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb. ... als-report), but it gives a raw count and I need an "excluding duplicates" count.

Any ideas?

lmconn

Re: Enrolled in 2 Sunday School Classes

Post by lmconn »

Bump. Any ideas, or does this even make sense?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, this won't be possible in the custom report writer. At best, you could query for both activities, then group on the person and do a count of activities. A count of 1 means they are only in one class, 2 means they are in two. But, that wouldn't tell you which one they are in, just that they are only in one.

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

That's actually very helpful. Just need some way other than visually checking and trying to remember duplicates. Thanks!