Spreadsheet of emails of parents

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

HMBCUMC

Spreadsheet of emails of parents

Post by HMBCUMC »

Is there a way I can get a spreadsheet of parents of activities? I can email parents but I can't figure how to get a spreadsheet of parents' emails for an activity.

NeilZ

Re: Spreadsheet of emails of parents

Post by NeilZ »

dorothy@cumc-hmb.com wrote:Is there a way I can get a spreadsheet of parents of activities? I can email parents but I can't figure how to get a spreadsheet of parents' emails for an activity.
I don't have the program available with me (I'm on the road), but I'm fairly sure you should be able to use one of the standard reports, or create a custom report, to pull the data and save it to an Excel spreadsheet.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

I really thought there was an easier way to do this, but I did find one way.

1. Reports - Activities & Skills
2. Class Family Directory
3. Select the activity. Then I turned off all phone numbers, pictures, birthdays, and anniversaries so it would only provide emails.
4. Run the report.
5. Click the Save as button (hard disk at the top of the preview).
6. Change Export file type to XLS.

You should be good to go.

HMBCUMC

Post by HMBCUMC »

This helps a lot but it doesn't give both parents emails only what is listed in the family email area.

lmconn wrote:I really thought there was an easier way to do this, but I did find one way.

1. Reports - Activities & Skills
2. Class Family Directory
3. Select the activity. Then I turned off all phone numbers, pictures, birthdays, and anniversaries so it would only provide emails.
4. Run the report.
5. Click the Save as button (hard disk at the top of the preview).
6. Change Export file type to XLS.

You should be good to go.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dorothy@cumc-hmb.com wrote:This helps a lot but it doesn't give both parents emails only what is listed in the family email area.
It sounds like you may have to create a custom report for this. Of course, you can always add this as a request to the wishlist. Put together an explanation of exactly what you're looking for, how you want it to be displayed, and the reasons you need this report, and send it to wishlist@powerchurch.com.

If it appears like something that can be of use to the majority of Powerchurch users, it could appear as a standard report.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.