Set a flag if certain Activity code is present

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

Set a flag if certain Activity code is present

Post by John Dykema »

I've searched for 'activity' entries already in the Forum but found none so here I am.
I've written a Church Directory Information sheet which we hand out and get back prior to compiling the new Church Directory for printing. We also use this sheet to gather other items for the office use. Among many things we print, one question we ask is whether the person wants to be added to the Email Prayer line, or keep me on, or remove me. However I'm not able to print whether they are already ON or NOT ON the list.
How can I check all of their Activity codes and come up with a yes or no condition if code "9003" is included in their list of Activity Codes?

We are running latest version of v.11 and using Windows 7 Pro

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Set a flag if certain Activity code is present

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, from Custom Reports, you aren't able to report on things that don't exist, such as people that have not given or people that are not in an activity. The way the data is related, you can only report on who is in the activity or who has contributed.

More complex queries like that would be best done using the Export to Access utility to get the raw data into an Access database.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Thanks Zorak. Could I not just assume they don't have that Activity code? Then, if they do have it I can enter "On Prayer Line" or something similar? My question is how to run through the activity codes to find if John Doe has that particular code.
John

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

In custom reports, you can either loop through all people in Personal Profiles, where you don't have the ability to get Activities & Skills data, or from Activities & Skills, only those that are members of the selected activity/activities will show up. It's one or the other.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Oh shoot. Thanks anyway Zorak.