Help with my first custom query

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mgc1945

Help with my first custom query

Post by mgc1945 »

am trying to generate a custom report for the first time. It is supposed to select all contributions for dates between specified start and end dates. I set a filter

Contribution Date is within the range
From 01/01/2014
To 12/31/2014

but, no matter how many contributions were received for a particular envelope number and contribution fund in the specified date range, the query seemed to return only the last contribution in this date range for each contribution fund for each envelope number. I tried changing the date range and got the same basic result - only the last contribution within the date range was returned.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

NeilZ

Re: Help with my first custom query

Post by NeilZ »

mgc1945 wrote:am trying to generate a custom report for the first time. It is supposed to select all contributions for dates between specified start and end dates. I set a filter

Contribution Date is within the range
From 01/01/2014
To 12/31/2014

but, no matter how many contributions were received for a particular envelope number and contribution fund in the specified date range, the query seemed to return only the last contribution in this date range for each contribution fund for each envelope number. I tried changing the date range and got the same basic result - only the last contribution within the date range was returned.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?
I did a test using the query as put together using the query builder, it worked fine for me.

The query should look exactly as it does below:

( Contribution Date ranges from 01/01/2014 to 12/31/2014 )
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

mgc1945

Post by mgc1945 »

Neil,
I want to provide more information on individual contributions than I see in the "canned" reports - e.g. I want to show each contribution by date, check/cash, check number, contribution item description, contribution item designation.

With regard to the operation of the query, I found out what I was doing wrong. I had set grouping and summation in the query itself rather than (actually in addition to) the report.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

mgc1945 wrote:Neil,
I want to provide more information on individual contributions than I see in the "canned" reports - e.g. I want to show each contribution by date, check/cash, check number, contribution item description, contribution item designation.

With regard to the operation of the query, I found out what I was doing wrong. I had set grouping and summation in the query itself rather than (actually in addition to) the report.
Um, the Posted Contributions report gives you all that information, you just need to tick the checkboxes on the report selection screen to add in the memo and designation fields.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

If you are trying to produce a contribution statement. The contribution statement "Full Fund Details" I believe also shows all that information.