emailing individual custome reports

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mgc1945

emailing individual custome reports

Post by mgc1945 »

I have used the pre-formatted Individual Contribution Statement report to email individual year-end contribution reports to all families. This works well - basically just a few input steps to activate the process, without having to process and email each individual report separately.

I'd like to be able to do the same thing with a custom report, but can't figure out how to do it.

Basically, I want to create a report that lists for each family only those contributions that were applied against their pledges, providing a total of those contributions, and listing the amount originally pledged and what remains to be paid. Our annual pledges correspond to our fiscal years, which run from July 1 to June 30. I hoped to set up a custom report that contained the above information for each family for July through March of this fiscal year, to provide information pertaining to each family's 2014-15 Pledge, letting them know what remains on their pledges for the balance of the year (April, May, June).

I think I might be able to create the report with sections (with, for example, each section being one page for each family), but need some help in figuring how to "automatically" email each section to each family (i.e. without having to prepare scores of individual reports and mailing each one separately).

Thanks in advance for assistance.

NeilZ

Re: emailing individual custome reports

Post by NeilZ »

mgc1945 wrote:I have used the pre-formatted Individual Contribution Statement report to email individual year-end contribution reports to all families. This works well - basically just a few input steps to activate the process, without having to process and email each individual report separately.

I'd like to be able to do the same thing with a custom report, but can't figure out how to do it.

Basically, I want to create a report that lists for each family only those contributions that were applied against their pledges, providing a total of those contributions, and listing the amount originally pledged and what remains to be paid. Our annual pledges correspond to our fiscal years, which run from July 1 to June 30. I hoped to set up a custom report that contained the above information for each family for July through March of this fiscal year, to provide information pertaining to each family's 2014-15 Pledge, letting them know what remains on their pledges for the balance of the year (April, May, June).

I think I might be able to create the report with sections (with, for example, each section being one page for each family), but need some help in figuring how to "automatically" email each section to each family (i.e. without having to prepare scores of individual reports and mailing each one separately).

Thanks in advance for assistance.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure you can use the built-in email system to send a custom report.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.