Users changed

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PBoffice

Users changed

Post by PBoffice »

The Office Admin at this church left and I am the new Office Admin. Previous user had multiple reports set up that do not appear when I log in.

Is there a way for me to get them? I would hate to have to recreate them all.

Thanks.
VGEN

NeilZ

Re: Users changed

Post by NeilZ »

VGoffice wrote:The Office Admin at this church left and I am the new Office Admin. Previous user had multiple reports set up that do not appear when I log in.

Is there a way for me to get them? I would hate to have to recreate them all.

Thanks.
VGEN
Do you have Powerchurch Admin privilages? Did she have a separate log in ?? If she did, and you, or someone else has admin privileges to add/update users, you can reset the person's old password, then you could log in to retrieve those reports.

I'm going to assume here that you're talking about saved standard report filters and selections. Once you have access, you can SAVE those report formats under a new name and select the Shared Report Settings from the save report dialog.

Unless you're talking about Custom Reports. If you don't see these under the custom reports, the person may have deleted them. In which case there is a way to get them back.

1. Do a backup of the database.
2. Restore a backup from a time before the person left.
3. Look for the custom reports and see if they are there
4. If they are, go to the Utilities -> Import/Export Custom Reports -> Export Reports menu. Export all the custom reports that may be missing.
5. Restore the database you backed up in step 1
6. Import the reports you exported in step 4.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

PBoffice

Post by PBoffice »

THANK YOU !!! Apparently it was not the 'saved' reports that was a problem ... it was setting up the Quick Tasks on my own login!

Problem solved.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

VGoffice wrote:THANK YOU !!! Apparently it was not the 'saved' reports that was a problem ... it was setting up the Quick Tasks on my own login!

Problem solved.
Aha ... well, I may need to use those steps in another reply someday :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.